Is Our Mineral Makeup Organic?
“Is your mineral makeup organic?”
This is a question I am asked every so often. It’s interesting, and the answer is something that I had not considered until I really thought it through. Let’s look at that….
The answer to that question is actually… well…No.
The question does not really make sense when applied to true Mineral Makeup.
Here is a definition of ‘organic’ from a google search:
- relating or belonging to the class of chemical compounds having a carbon basis; “hydrocarbons are organic compounds”
- being or relating to or derived from or having properties characteristic of living organisms; “organic life”; “organic growth”.
- of or relating to foodstuff grown or raised without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or hormones; “organic eggs”; “organic vegetables”; “organic chicken”
- simple and healthful and close to nature; “an organic lifestyle”
- a fertilizer that is derived from animal or vegetable matter
Of course, the term ‘organic’ can mean different things in different contexts.
However, minerals, by their very nature are inorganic.
Typically, when asking the question “Is this organic” we are talking about ‘organic’ that comes from a practice of farming that does not use pesticides, but instead works with rotation of crops and healthy soil practices.
That is not the case here. For minerals are not farmed. Therefore, they cannot be organically farmed.
They are inorganic rocks…and there are no chemicals used in the growing of the rocks. (!)
Style Minerals are purely inorganic, as they are 100% minerals.
If you would like to learn more about mineral makeup, and how they can benefit your skin, add your name here and get a mineral makeup eco education.
Style Essentials. Always 100% Guaranteed.
Psst…FREE shipping on orders $50.00+ (U.S. Only)