Dress it up.Dress it down.Perfect for date night, a formal occasion, or even just a pair of jeans and a white tee!Lucky for us, one of our brand new mineral lipsticks, Scarlet, is the perfect universal red shade for everyone– it will compliment cool, warm, and neutral skin tones alike. So, if you love a good red lip... go for it!
Wear it soft or full-on!
As Scarlet is a dye-free mineral based lipstick, it might apply slightly less pigmented than it appears in the tube.I’ve found that with a couple of coats it turns out extremely pigmented, however, as you can see in the photos!
The look I created to pair with this gorgeous red lip is simple enough that it doesn’t steal the focus away from the bold lip, but still fancy enough to wear to any special occasion in style!I used two of our beautiful velvety matte eye shadows in both Port and Soft Touch along with the shimmery light golden eyeshadow Champagne Ice to create this simple (yet glam!) look.
I also added a little bronze and highlight on my cheeks with Natural Glow Mineral Bronzer and Satin Finish Powder– but you could totally change this up and use your favorite cheek routine if you prefer to just use a blush, or skip the bronzer for a less dramatic look!
2. Add Port into the crease using the Crease Brush, focusing on the outer third of your eyelid only.
3. Using a clean blending brush such as the Fluffy Eyeshading Brush because you want a clean fluffy brush for this. (A clean Mini Fluff Brush would work well too) Blend both colors out so there are no harsh lines, but don't blend them into each other– just on the edges, not the middle.
5. With your Fluffy Eyeshading Brush, blend out just the edges of the Champagne Ice into each of the other colors on either side.
6. Make sure to not simply blend all over the lid or it will just mix all of the colors together!
7. To finish off your eyes, add some eyeliner to your lids right at the lash line with the Fine Angle Brush and Soft Black Mineral Liner (I like to apply this using the wet method to get a cleaner line and a little more coverage).
Abby is a photographer and blogger who never says no to a hot cup of tea or a new shade of lipstick. She lives in Monterey, CA with her husband where they enjoy hiking, cooking/eating everything vegan, and basically living the (neat and tidy) hippie dream. You can follow her @abby.roe.photo on instagram, or find her + her organic handmade mineral lipsticks HERE.
Lisa's Notes: When you create this look, take a photo of your beautiful self (yes you are!) and send it over to me. You may inspire others to play with new looks too.