Olive Oil – The Mediterranean Secret for Smooth & Supple Skin & 6 Ways To Use It
Homer called olive oil ‘liquid gold’ and right he was. Using olive oil in your organic skin care routine can do wonders for the long-term health and glow of your skin.
Olive oil is an ancient nutritional powerhouse that can regenerate cells and soften skin tissue. Use it for your health and beauty today, to guard your body and your skin, inside, as well as out.
This topical skin powerhouse includes:
- Vitamin A, E & polyphenols, all antioxidants known to protect against age accelerating free radicals (nasty buggers those free radicals) and can contribute to cell repair & postpone aging
- Squalene, a natural moisturizer, which can regulate your sebum production so that when used topically, you will have more balanced oil production & less oily skin challenges
- Chlorophyll, which helps in the healing of wounds and scars, including acne blemishes. Ancient civilizations knew what they were doing when they used olive oil to heal wounds
All of this, in olive oil!
OK, we know what’s in it, now what do we do with it? Besides dip our bread in it…
Here are a few examples of how to use olive oil straight from the bottle, ‘extra virgin’ being your best choice by the way, on your face, hair, nails and body.
- 1. Use it to remove your face & eye-makeup. Simply use a cotton pad (I dampen mine a bit first) and swipe off your makeup. You not only remove your makeup, but add the richness of olive oil to your skin and eye area.
- 2. Soak your nails in a bowl of olive oil, with a drop of lavender or tea tree essential oil to soften and clean your nails and cuticles.
- 3. Use it as a facial exfoliator by adding sea salt to a bit of the olive oil and gently massaging on your face or body. If you like, add a few drops of essential oil of your choice as well.
- 4. For a face or body moisturizer it has the ability to deeply penetrate into the skin and is best applied to damp skin, as water can help to reduce any greasy feeling. It may take a bit longer to penetrate than what you are used to, but the benefits will be longer lasting as well.
- 5. Hair can be given a deep oil treatment using 1/2 cup olive oil, a few drops of a favorite essential oil and a plastic bag that fits over your head. Mix olive oil and essential oil in a jar and let sit overnight. Rinse hair with warm water, and with a tablespoon or so of the oil mixture at a time, work it into your hair and scalp. Place the plastic bag over your head, secure with a hair clip and let your hair ‘cook’ for at least 30 minutes; rinse and shampoo.
- 6. Not into the DIY scene? No worries. Look for it already added to your skin care products. Be sure it is one of the first ingredients on the label, so you know you are getting enough of its almost magical benefits.
It may surprise you to know that olive oil is a natural fruit juice.
That’s right. A fruit juice. In fact, because of this, it can easily go rancid if not kept refrigerated. I recommend keeping your sensitive oil in the refrigerator, and keeping a small amount in a pretty bottle near your bathroom sink so it is convenient to use. Refill as needed. It will guard your body and your skin, from the inside out.
And when you’re done, toss a bit in your salad as well.
Simple Beauty Minerals. Always 100% Guaranteed.
Psst…FREE shipping on orders $50.00+ (U.S. Only)